Translate

Monday, July 29, 2013

Posts of the Month: July 2013

To my readers: Good morning, good evening, wherever you may find yourself today. You may have deduced this from the title, but I would like to say that this is not going to be a regular blog post. This is because I would like to test out an idea that I have thought out for some time now. A special blog post called "Posts of the Month." This type of post is going to be done at the end of the month, and will include links to past posts that I think are worth noting for the month.

This will also include posts that received the most views, and generated quite a bit of feedback. Along with the link, I will include a short description of the post, such as what point I am trying to make, or something worth noting about the post. But if you have read the post before, you will not be missing anything if you decide not to read the short description.

This is purely an idea that I would like to test out, so consider this a sort of "Skunk Works" type thing. And feedback is appreciated. Please note that I am doing this for the benefit of my readers who might not have read some important posts, or might have missed some posts and would like to get caught up a bit. I am not really doing this to get more views.

For testing purposes, I will impose a limit on how many posts I will link to. This will keep my honest, and it will keep the links from becoming excessive. So without any further ado, here are the five posts of the month for July of 2013.

Post #1: Posted on July 9th, this post gives some basic advice that is like the title says. It's back to basic tips that will reduce your risk of getting infected with malware. This post received about 60 views as of this writing.

Post #2: Posted on July 12th, this post is meant to help computer users, old and new, choose an antivirus software. This post includes links to independent tests that are preformed annually, which can help you make a choice that you are going to be happy with. This post received about 75 views as of this writing.

Post #3: Posted on July 15th, this post apparently was helpful to at least one person who provided me feedback via Twitter. This post details how to remove the Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security Ransomware. This post received about 240 views as of this writing.

Post #4: Posted on July 15th, this post detailed how the Reveton ransomware is now targeting the Mac. This post also provided instructions on how to get rid of the ransomware. This post received about 90 views as of this writing.

Post #5:  This post provided removal instructions for a new rogue antivirus called Attentive Antivirus. This post received about 65 views as of this writing.

Thank You for reading. I encourage readers to comment with any feedback. Good or bad, let me know if you would like to see this become a regular thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment