Translate

Friday, June 7, 2013

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while know that in my self help removal posts, I often recommend the usage of a tool called Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Although, I give little information on what it is and why I use it. This blog post will help explain just that and will help you understand why I use it.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a piece of software that tends to do very well at the job of detecting and removing malware such as ransomware and rogue antivirus software that conventional antivirus software just is not meant to remove. It is very easy to use, and it is one of the only tools that I recommend keeping on your computer after you have removed a piece of malware.

I like Malwarebytes so much because it is designed to be compatible with conventional antivirus. Think of it as the armed security guard you have posted behind a locked door, an extra layer of protection. It is also lightweight and will not slow your system down.

Simply put, I like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware because it does the job well. So well that antivirus companies often recommend using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as an extra layer of protection, or when their antivirus just cannot get the job done.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is available in a free version which allows you to scan your hard drive for malware on demand. This is the version I use myself as it is highly robust despite being free, and my regular antivirus blocks most threats from reaching my computer in the first place.

It is also available in a paid version which gives you the same features as the free version and it also gives you real-time protection to keep malware from getting to your computer if it gets past your main antivirus program.

Quite frankly, I love it. My only complaint is that you have to update it manually in the free version, you have to pay for the paid version if you want automatic updates.

You can read more about Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here.

Thank You for reading. As always, I invite readers to comment with any questions or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment